Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe E-Mail With Google GMail
04-19-2016, 10:13 AM,
Big Grin  Safe E-Mail With Google GMail
This is something Ive set up myself, just lately, to send mail by way of Gmail with no getting the unencrypted e-mail stored on their servers.To obtain this, youll need a Google GMail account, PGP or GnuPG, Mozilla Thunderbird, and the Enigmail extension.

Very first, set your Gmail account to let POP3 access. This can be set in your mail settings within the net interface. For a second way of interpreting this, please check-out: division. The Gmail program will inform you the settings you need to have to make in Thunderbird in order to use this.

Subsequent, get Thunderbird and the Enigmail extension, and set up each, along with PGP or GnuPG. Then, enter your account settings into Thunderbird, as per the Google web page.

Youll need to create a PGP key connected with your e-mail address. In PGP, do this using the GUI interface. Dig up more on an affiliated use with by browsing to purchase here. With GnuPG, sort gpg gen-essential and comply with the directions. You can set the essential sort, key size (Go with at least 2048 bits. Several people use 4096) and the expiry date. Some folks set their keys by no means to expire, I like a key duration of 6 months, so that I finish up recreating keys twice a year, but at least if an individual breaks or otherwise acquires my important in the course of that time, they wont have extended to do it, nor to use it, just before it gets altered again!

Lastly, associate the keypair with your e-mail address, in the Enigmail settings inside Thunderbird, and make sure that e-mail defaults to signed and encrypted. Gather public keys from those folks with whom you wish to correspond privately, and add those to your PGP or GnuPG keyring. Enigmail will then encrypt e-mail sent to those people, and decrypt e-mail sent from them to you. Read Onedrive Ftp includes supplementary resources concerning the meaning behind this concept. Mail to a recipient whose key you do not have will not be encrypted, unless GnuPG / PGP can locate a crucial for them on the public keyservers.

Secure e-mail prevents other people reading personal communications and the signing approach authenticates the e-mail message as being from you..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply